What is in a Veterinary Insurance Policy?
Packages for veterinary practices combine the perfect amount of various types of insurance to create the right fit for the individual business. These may include:
- Liability Insurance
- Loss of Income
- Crime Coverage
- Professional Liability
- Animal Bailee
- Mobile Equipment
Combining appropriate amounts of these types of coverage will allow for a policy that meets the needs of the practice and fits the budget of the operation.
Additional Coverage to Consider for Veterinarians
Depending on the size of the practice, there are additional options that may be beneficial and can be added to the overall policy. Options may include:
- Business Auto
- Equipment Breakdown
- Employee Benefits Liability
- Cyber Liability & Data Breach
- Employment Practices
- Liability Insurance
Practical Applications for Veterinary Insurance
The diversity of options for coverage can be overwhelming. When considering what package is best for an individual practice, there are some things to consider specific to the veterinary field. If you are considering what is the best for you, keep these facts and scenarios in mind to make sure you are covered.
- Accidents happen. Animal bailee coverage helps protect your business when an animal in your care is accidentally injured or lost. This coverage can pay expenses like veterinary bills or reward costs to help you search for and recover a lost or stolen pet.
- It’s important to protect your employees that are interacting with a wide variety of animals. As of 2016, those in veterinary service professions were the second most likely to be injured while working.
- Animals can be unpredictable, especially if they are stressed in a new environment. Animal damage to buildings coverage helps with repair costs that are needed as a result of issues that animals in your care have caused.
- Plumbing is something to consider that often can be overlooked. Coverage for Backup of Sewers and Drains can help when an abundance of animal hair and fur results in property damage by causing clogged drains.
- Equipment can be damaged in the event of breakdown caused by power surges, motor burnout, boiler malfunction and operator error. This can apply to x-ray machines, lab equipment, refrigerators, and more.
There are many other things to consider when determining what coverage needs are priority. We’re here to help build the package that is right for you and your individual veterinary practice.
About Ianniello Agency
Ianniello Insurance Agency is Northeast Ohio’s premier provider of auto insurance, life insurance, home insurance, agribusiness insurance, farm insurance, business insurance and health insurance. Ianniello Insurance Agency is an IRMI certified Agribusiness and Farm Insurance Specialist. We would be happy to help you establish a policy that meets the individual needs of your veterinary practice.
You can count on our personalized service to meet your needs. We take our time to ensure there are no gaps in your coverage. We proudly serve Coshocton, Holmes, and Tuscarawas Counties. Get in touch today for a quote and follow us on Facebook to stay in touch!